Image Source: Pinterest
The tip is simple. Block out an hour on Sunday to plan out your week.
How do I do it?
1. I look at my calendar and preparing anything I can in advance for what is coming up (planning out what I am taking to the potluck I am attending Friday night, wrapping the birthday gift for Wednesday dinner, pre-ordering flowers to be delivered to a family member for their anniversary). I get all those jobs done in advance so I know that in the moment I can grab what I need (which will already be organized and ready to go) and hit the road.
2. Block in the important stuff. In this step I build in time to spend with each of my kids, me time, time to workout, etc. Whatever is important to you, build those priorities into your plan (the key here is then to protect the time like it was an urgent meeting).
3. Block in the other stuff. Now block in your to-do items (in priority order, as only so much will fit). Be specific as to what you are going to do with the time, so that when the calendar reminder pops up you can transition directly into that to-do (instead of spinning your wheels or wondering what you were talking about).
4. Live the plan. I find having everything chunked out in my calendar allows me to be completely present in the moment and stops me from wasting time wondering which of my to-do's to tackle.
5. Tweak the plan. I take 15 minutes at the start of each day to review my plan for the day and make any tweaks that are needed (for all that stuff that comes up last minute).
Happy Planning Mamma!