1. Get Walking - Culturally we tend to meet with friends over coffee, tea, or a meal. To fit in more fitness try making plans to go for walks, runs, yoga or workouts with your friends instead of a sedentary activity. An added plus: no childcare needed, bring baby and add some resistance to your workout.
2. Walking Meetings - Some of my most productive meetings have been on the move. Take your meeting with your direct report or supervisor on the move - get some fresh air and walk while covering off your agenda items.
3. Early Morning Workouts - Set that alarm for a pre-family wake-up workout. This is my favourite time to workout. When my family wakes-up I have finished my workout and am excited to start my morning with them. Don't forget to shift that bedtime to ensure you are skimping on sleep.
4. Kids in Bed, Avoid the Sofa Flop - Many of us put the kids to bed and head straight for a flop onto the sofa. Instead of flopping on the sofa get out for a run, aerobics class, workout or walk with a friend or neighbour. Often this one helps to have a buddy to hold you accountable.
5. Lunchtime = Me time - Take your lunch hour and use it to squeeze in your workout. Don't forget to eat your lunch, while working, before or after your workout.
What works for you? How are you fitting in fitness to your busy schedule?