Day 1 is all about The 'no' champion. What I mean by that is that person is your life who is a champion at saying 'no'. Who am I talking about? Perhaps they are...
- The person who says 'no' and leaves you feeling fabulous,
- The person who says 'no' with confidence
- The person who is confident in just saying 'no' with no explanation
I am guessing you can visualize that person in your life right now (I can!). I want you to close your eyes and think through the last few 'no's' you have heard them say.
- How did they deliver the message?
- What about it worked?
- How do you think they felt after they delivered it?
- Did their strategy change based on the question / situation?
I want you to become them, 'no' champion cape and all. Keep those eyes closed while you do it. I mean really become them. How do they sit? What does their facial expression look like? What would they be up to right now? This is you as your 'no' champion.
Now I want you to deliver a 'no' just like this person would (feel free to look around first to make sure you are alone). How did that feel? What worked?
Once you have practice a few times in the privacy of your own home, I want you to take your 'no' champion persona for a test drive. The next time you want to say no, imagine you are your 'no' champion, and deliver the 'no' as they would.
Now consider (in your journal)...
- What worked?
- What didn't work?
- How did it feel to say 'no'?
- How was your 'no' received?
- How did personifying your 'no' champion help you deliver your 'no'?
- What about this can you integrate into your daily life?
See you tomorrow 'no' champion!