Slow down. That is too many milestones in a 24-hour period (especially with my final baby).
What can you do when you are in the throws of transition, milestones and change?
- Keep your routine. Whenever possible keep the routine consistent, this provides natural stability, especially in a changing environment.
- Only make the hard choices. Keep the simple things, well, simple. Plan your outfit and breakfast, so you don't have to make these decisions in the morning. Save your brain power wherever possible.
- Fuel yourself. Look for opportunities to give to yourself - yoga, running, 5 minute walk around the block, reading a book, etc.
- Give yourself permission to feel, lean into your feelings. For example, I cried on the walk to my daughter's school this morning (and I needed to let those emotions out).
- Find someone you can talk to about how you are feeling.
Whatever the milestone, transition or change may be - you got this Mamma!